Sunday, April 15, 2007

Meh.

Every now and again, I take stupid little flights of fancy. They're just little daydreams, but nothing that's ever going to be achievable.

This weekend, for example, I've watched "Lost in Translation". It kinda makes me wish I had the huge amounts of cash (lottery win amounts, not poxy savings) to go off travelling and meet people in hotels in foreign cities and have fun.

These kinds of events are like winning the lottery, though. It's something that you'd like to do, but that kind of luck is completely out of your hands. Having the kinds of nights that are depicted in 'Lost in Translation' or "Before Sunrise" are just things that happen, you can't plan for them. Just like my night with V that I posted about recently. Plus, I'm crap at travelling on my own. I am brilliant with at least one other person to tag along, because the experience is better because of it, but on my own, I am lazy and introverted and I fail to take advantage of the fact I am somewhere new and different and exciting.

My daydream today was that I'd love to have one of those nights.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...