Sunday, April 22, 2007

Oh so cynical!

You may remember that a few months ago, I toyed with the idea of joining an online dating site. I'd kind of signed up for their free account months before and had been getting email notification every now and again of prospective matches. Very little jumped out at me either in picture form (I don't care what anyone says, looks are important if only for a first impression) or indeed, via their profiles.

Somehow I get the impression that women aren't really into the online dating scene because most profiles are very, very poor. I updated my own, with help from A (which I've still not posted), but even my initial attempt is better than most out there. [My content was fine, A said. I just had to use more positive words.]

All this is a roundabout way to getting on to what happened yesterday. The latest email dropped into my inbox and one of the site's recommendations is a 34 year old brunette, good looking, decent figure. Do I join up for a month and try to contact her? No. My initial thought is "how the hell can she not get a date and why does she have to rely on online dating?"

And before all you online daters come over to my inbox to give me a bit of verbal, I am well aware that there's nothing wrong with online dating. From my own personal viewpoint, if my own social life didn't suck harder than a Dyson and if I wasn't so crap at approaching women, I probably wouldn't consider online dating.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...