Sunday, April 15, 2007

Goals for this week.

I still haven't been down to renew my membership at the gym. I must do that. It's not just the fitness aspect of the gym that's appealing right now, but also the stress relief of good exercise. I don't get stressed easily, but settling into this new position means that I will have to find some kind of outlet for it, even if it's not a lot. My fitness is OK, but there's a footy competition in work that I've entered and it would be nice to be a little fitter by the time that starts at the end of the month.

I've also sourced a few credit cards, so that I can swap balances and get rid of the ones I currently have and just have one. However, I just noticed that there are loads of 'late payment' charges on one of my cards going back about a year and a half, despite the fact I pay by direct debit. The bank have set this DD up for the 29th of the month, but I'm being charged late fees on the 27th. I'm not having that, the bastards. These charges never appear online, which is where I usually check my CC status. That's a lesson hard learned. However, I reckon I should be able to get them back because, under the Direct Debit guarantee, it states "If an error is made by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid." and I think that's the case here.

I also want to get my bike serviced. The problem with living at home (sigh) is that my stuff gets lower priority than everything else, so my bike has been sitting outside all winter and needs a bit of work done to it if I'm going to use it this summer. I'm useless with gears and brakes and whatnot, so the small cost of an official service by the shop that sold me the bike should be more than worth the cash and effort.

There were a few other things I wanted done this week, but they've slipped my mind. Those three above are probably the most important things that I can do, plus I'm still waiting for a few other things to resolve, namely my complaint with O2 (they have until Thursday to reply), get my phone back from Sony Ericsson (I still begrudge the handling fee they charged and am waiting for them to cash my cheque) and I've bought a (legal) copy of Office 2007 for a bargain price of £20 and that should appear quite soon, too.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...