Monday, March 26, 2007

The £1500 decision

I thinking about going on holiday... but not until next year. I'm considering going back to NZ (I've been there before, about 6 years ago), but this time to the South Island. I was based in the North Island last time and saw most of it. Now I want to see the South Island, where the landscapes are amazing and there are plenty of outdoor things to get up to.

I mentioned this to E a few days ago and she's up for it, saying that we could do a bit of travelling together. That would be great. I also have a few other people I could visit on the South Island, so not only would I be going on holiday (which is not something I tend to do), but I'd also be able to visit quite a few people (and I've always been able to justify almost any journey if it's in the name of "visiting"). That's kind of how I got to NZ before - I'd always wanted to go, but didn't fancy it on my own. When FA2 was out there, I used her as an excuse to go out, knowing I could use her as a backup if anything went wrong.

This time, if I do go, I could easily see myself flying halfway round the world and not going anywhere near her (a similar thing in reverse would be an Aussie/Kiwi coming to Britain, staying in London and not visiting a mate in Edinburgh), though there are people in Auckland I'd love to see again.

It's going to cost at least £1500, though, so it's something I'll have to ponder (but start saving for now).

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...