Saturday, March 03, 2007

Sober again!

OK, so it was the usual work's bash last night. It was good fun. It usually is, though I called it a night quite early in the evening.

At the start, it was quite good. Were amongst the first in, which meant a pick of decent seats and no queue at the bar. Halfway through my first drink, I spotted Pretty Blonde coming through the door. After ordering her drink, she grabbed a seat not five feet away from me. I did my best to ignore her, but didn't manage that terribly well and stole the odd glance. There was still a little eye contact, but nowhere near the amounts from previous gatherings.

Sadly, when her friends left at around seven-thirty, she moved downstairs to join another group of co-workers.

Later, we moved onto another bar and had a bit of a surreal moment with a group of young people begging for a cigarette. We ended up in a discussion about music, and it turns out that these kids were fans of Journey, Boston and all that kind of stuff. Maybe it was the booze, but I found this really weird in an amusing kinda way.

I stayed in the next bar for about an hour before leaving. I was simply too full of booze to stay on and was feeling bloated and uncomfortable.

All in all, it was an enjoyable night.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...