Monday, January 01, 2007

Bye bye 2006! Hello 2007!

So, 2007. Not a great start admittedly as I stayed in tonight. There was a distinct lack of urgency with my mates about heading out tonight, which is disappointing as I'm a really big fan of the New Year and would loved to have been out tonight. I didn't want to get landed with the organisation of another night out. I did one on Friday and it was a huge pain in the arse and one of the guys, BW, had accepted responsibility for tonight. We were apparently going to an outdoor concert which was called off at lunchtime due to the weather, though BW didn't actually get around to making alternative arrangements until 7pm. Daft bastard.

Still, back to work on Tuesday, with a new position in a new team and a pay rise and lots of other good things to look forward to, plus the dating site (I've still not made up my mind totally, but A has been giving me a hand with my profile, just in case) and Pretty Blonde is still very much on the cards (still assuming we see each other outside of a work environment).

I've sent my quota of text messages to those that would appreciate them, including as sneaky one to V. I realised a few months ago that the number I had stored for V was probably wrong and that I suspected that previous text messages were never delivered, but I hope that's been rectified now. It's just a matter of waiting to see if she replies or even if she remembers who I am seeing as it's now about two years since we last spoke. Actually, come to think of it, I'm not even sure she'll reply... when I returned from the States, I sent her a present to thank her for her hospitality while I was out there and never got any kind of reply in return. Shame.

It's late now, and I was kind of hoping for an early night, so bed time for me.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...