Friday, December 29, 2006

What now?

OK, so with the new year just around the corner, what am I going to do?

I've already decided to go back to the gym. I gave it up because I was playing a lot of football, but I seem to be prone to injury at footy, which never happened in 18 months at the gym, so I'll go back there. I won't be taking up GC as a personal trainer though. I think I'm now experienced enough in the gym to know my way around and paying for the privilege of staring at GC's (fake?) tits, flat tummy and nice arse is beyond even what I will do!

I think I've also pretty much decided to join a dating website, at least for a month, to see what's out there. It's not a huge amount of money and the one I've looked at over the past few days does seem to offer a couple of potentially interesting women, but still the list of potentials is woefully small. I'm not comfortable doing it, for a couple of reasons: firstly there's still the stigma of using them. It shouldn't be a big factor because I know a couple of people that have used them to good effect. Secondly, I'm just annoyed that my social life is so crap that I can't meet people through normal channels (though I suppose there is a better chance of meeting someone through a dating site than simply turning up to the pub of an evening).

My promotion kicks in at the start of next week which should mean that I've got a little bit more money to spend on myself (and save!) I think that should broaden my possibilities for next year, too.

The previous entry, about comments, provoked a response from USHW who is of the same mind and, like me, is considering jacking in the blogging. I don't do the blogging purely for the comments, but I did have half a mind that I'd get to meet a few people and swap stories and the like. Ah well.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...