Saturday, December 16, 2006

That time of year again.

So, I was out with my old work buddies last night. It's kind of a traditional thing that we get together every Christmas for a load of beers. Last night was no exception. Usually, it's just the guys, but last night FBS also showed up. FBS and I have a little bit of history. Over ten years ago, there were a few months where we did a bit of fooling around. I thought it was completely casual and never made any secret that I liked the fact it was casual, but eventually, FBS made it clear that she wanted something more. I couldn't do that. It was a lust thing for me and nothing more, though she is really nice, there was no romantic spark from my end. Physically, yeah - tall, curves, tattoos,  a variety of short, but funky hairstyles. That's it, though. Friends with benefits.

Being the private person that I am, I never mentioned anything about our dalliances to any of my co-workers, though some of them were quite friendly with FBS. Word did leak out though. I guess FBS mentioned something, though I was unaware and denied it all. That wasn't done intentionally to hurt FBS, it was just a privacy thing and I wanted to avoid office gossip. Anyway, my co-workers have since made a point of taking the piss about my privacy, especially where FBS is/was concerned.

I left that workplace probably about eight years ago but popped in to visit every now and again (and I was still in contact with a few people on a more regular basis) and was told on one visit that FBS was still very much into me. I never pursued anything there, though, then FA2 came along.

Anyway, after all that background, I did detect some signals that FBS was still interested in me. I've noticed them infrequently when we've been out. They weren't major, obvious signals, but signals nonetheless. Being more tactile than usual etc. Given the week I've had, I'd have taken the opportunity had it been offered. That was never going to happen though because FBS's boyfriend was also out with us.

It was a good night, though. They always are with that crowd of people. It's a shame that QC3 didn't show up, as she was also part of that crowd, and she was always very easy on the eye and one of the sexiest people I've ever met. I suppose having a family is really time-consuming at this time of year, not to mention the financial aspect, too.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...