Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Rant about a fucktard.

One of my internet hobbies involves being active around a site that has quite a lot of personal interaction with other people, and an offshoot if that is discussing stuff on a semi-related messageboard. The messageboard owner, TBM, is a fucktard. While he stumped up the cash for the URL and hosting last June, pretty much all the ideas and other work has been done by other people including myself and USHW. It should also be known that one of TBM's closest friends, my friend F, advised him against setting up such a board as she knew he'd get bored of it (no pun intended) and didn't have the backbone to make tough decisions. F was right. TBM only set up the board to bolster his own popularity around the main website, and once he realised what was needed to create a successful board, he pretty much gave up within two months. Since then, it's been pretty much myself and UHSW with a few others helping out.

Around Xmas, he decided that he'd got too much other stuff on and would let USHW admin the site until such time as he could return. Recently, his absence was noticed and commented on, and before you know it, the toys are being chucked well and truly out of the pram.

Apparently, TBM is upset that he's being criticised, despite the fact that the environment in which this messageboard operates, is rife with criticism and the like. People have offered to take the site off his hands if he's that pissed off, but I'm guessing that the recent perceived criticism will simply just make TBM decide to shut down the site. TBM, if you hadn't already guessed, is one of the most immature people I've ever met.

So now, all of a sudden, TBM is claiming that he isn't the site owner anymore, despite still owning the rights to the URL and the hosting package (and claiming so in various messages). I've no idea why he would stupidly make such a comment in public, especially when the only other person it could be, USHW, would probably call him on it in public, too.

It's my personal feeling that he's been looking for an excuse to close the site down for some time. I do know he's not particularly willing to give the site away for free (the stupid fucker took out a two year hosting deal and there's still a year left), but I also know that he wasn't public, until a few days ago, about not being willing to come back to the site as owner/admin.

What TBM doesn't really realise is that the people now involved with the board will be majorly pissed if he suddenly pulls the plug and that the popularity that he so craves will evaporate right before his eyes when the truth of what he's actually done for that site is made public. I, for one, will make sure people realise what a glory hunter he is.

Final words on this: I bet he closes the site down, and quite soon. I hope I'm wrong and that USHW can talk him round, but I'm not feeling any positive mental attitude (PMA) towards this at this time.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...