Thursday, February 25, 2021

Random Access Memories Pt 2

A few days ago, I posted something about a memory and how my recollection of it didn't stack up to what should have been the actuality.

A similar thing happened this morning. I've posted about this memory before, I think. I'm lying in bed with FBS. I think it was the last time we slept together (in both meanings of the phrase). However, my memory of the evening ends after a rather explosive climax and I'm lying in bed, with FBS to my right, and we're chatting. We fall asleep.

My memory of the next morning is waking up, with FBS on my left, but I have no recollection of us swapping places during the night, and any time I'd stayed over previously, I'd always been on the same side of the bed... to FBS's right per my memory of the morning after.

Clearly both memories can't be accurate. One of them has to be wrong, and my money is on the immediate aftermath of us having sex.

Admittedly, this is also a long time ago, so I don't expect my memory to be perfect, but it is interesting how the mind works.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...