Saturday, October 10, 2020

Money, money, money.

I think I need to sit down an analyse my spending over the past six months. I am in a fortunate position as my job is safe, but I'm not seeing a reflection in my savings that the current circumstances might suggest...

I know I've recently admitted to buying more household stuff than I have in the past, and I have spent quite a bit of money on my front and back gardens over the summer.

However, lockdown should have seen me saving probably about £200 per month as I stopped buying snacks, daily coffees and lunches. That's based on a daily £10 spend and roughly twenty working days per month. You could offset that with maybe a small increase in groceries expenditure. Let's say my grocery spending increased by £75. I should be saving £125.

Additionally, due to some other financial stuff that's gone on this year, I am better off each month by an amount that should be visible come month-end. However, it seems my spending has increased to "fill" that void, though I have nothing to show for it, hence the spending review.

I've activated a feature in my banking app that identifies what I spend my money on, so let's see where my weaknesses are.


No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...