Saturday, October 10, 2020

Just talking.

I think that FBS is the first person to actually call out that I might be a bit lonely or isolated due to the Covid-19 lockdown. Other people might have recognised it but not actually said anything. I'm pretty sure that FP has had that thought. I'd be surprised (and very disappointed) if my sister or KfW2 hadn't thought it. However, it is worth pointing out that my sister doesn't do social calls. That might sound a little ungrateful seeing as she spent quite some time here over the summer, but that was working on a project, and my sister loves a gardening project.

FP was on the phone earlier, suggesting we might visit a pub. My last official pub visit was mid-March just prior to lockdown, and there was a night out where we met up with S but I don't really count that.

But, as it is, during our semi-regular catch ups in the WhatsApp group, FBS did call it out, especially with another proper lockdown looking likely. And I was quite open and honest, to a point. I do feel isolated and lonely at times, and while I'm not a great people person, I do miss people. I miss some people a great deal, but I miss sitting in CB Bar having pints with FP and people watching. I'm gutted that KfW2 actually suggested that we have an adult night out (our first in three years) , a week before lockdown kicked in. There are conversations I would have had with my managers if I could look them in the eye, but don't want to do over IM or video calls.

I'm not expecting FBS to turn up on my doorstep, but her asking the question did mean a lot to me.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...