Sunday, June 27, 2010

Karma of a kind

One of my house mates (the decent one) has just arrived home with a look of thunder on his face. Apparently his rather expensive bike (push bike not motor bike) has been stolen from where he works. We're talking about a couple of hundred quid, either. It's much more than that.

Where does the karma come into it, you ask? We both my house mates are weird when it comes to money. They'll both splash out on the luxuries, but when it comes to day-to-day items, they'll steadfastly refuse to spend money... to the point where I'd call them tight.

It could be argued that, without the luxury items (this year, between them, they'll have bought two brand new bikes - one each, a new car, a couple of foreign trips - exotic, not Easyjet destinations, a laptop and a new Apple iMac, an iPhone each and a few other items) they live just like students - everything is beans and pasta for tea, for example, or food for a BBQ is always the cheapest sausages and burgers. When I pointed out a house to one of them recently, a £5 per month increase in rent (for a much nicer house) was described as too expensive.

So, from my perspective, while I do like the guy, I'm finding it hard to feel sorry for him when he makes it hard for us with his day to day living and the loss of a two grand bike, when a five pound monthly increase in rent is too much, is karma.

Still it's shaken him up a bit and I could use this to my advantage in getting out of this current house ASAP instead of sitting around waiting for something to happen.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...