Sunday, June 27, 2010

An anti-climax

A few weeks ago, I suggested to DSC that we might head out for a drink and to catch up a bit. She seemed keen on the idea, but ultimately, the entire night was taken out of my hands as DSC dictated which bar we'd go to and, more importantly, who was coming.

Well, that night was last night and it was every bit as uncomfortable as I'd expected. I've stated on here many times that I'm not the world's most confident person when meeting people for the first time and, to a certain extent, I'm pretty quiet anyway. I've always considered myself to be more of a listener than a talker. On top of that, DSC and her two friends were forever logging on to their phones to check Plenty of Fish as they're all members and the bar we were in seemed to have rather a lot of members there as DSC would nip off, then come back with a few people in tow, meaning more strangers to have to talk to. If I have another night out with DSC, I'm calling the shots.

So, I turned up to the bar anyway, really to see DSC but also to see if her cute friend was "available". Her cute friend wasn't available, having arranged, of all things, a date for the same night. The poor fella really didn't know what to do, especially as we were told (by DSC's cute friend) that there was zero chemistry. From text messages received after I left, she might have changed her mind though.

On my way out of the pub, I caught sight of a really cute girl that seemed familiar and, if I'm not mistaken, it was a girl that I'd tried to converse with on Match.com, only to be ignored (also see this blog entry). She's just as cute in real life as her pictures indicated online. If I'd spotted her earlier in the evening instead of closing time (and I wasn't in the best of form after a pretty poor night out) then I would have done something about it. In hindsight, I should have made an effort. Who knows if I'll see her out and about again?

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...