Friday, June 11, 2010

Frustration

Things have been very busy for the past month or so, and I’m currently writing this up offline, so can’t remember if I’ve mentioned this before. I’m in the process of moving house again. My current place has been put up for sale by our landlords so we’re looking about for somewhere new.

We’ve already looked at a few places and they’ve been OK, but we have specific requirements in a new house, not least there good sized rooms (plus I have a few that I’ve not mentioned to the guys that I want in a new place).

Howver, searching the internet yesterday, I found a couple. One in particular looks great. Plenty of space, three rooms, storage space, a garden, decent area. There is one downside to it, but I don’t consider that to be a big deal. I sent it on to the guys via email.

When I got back, one of the guys in the house immediately said that it was too expensive. He started on to talk about the one disadvantage to it, but I was already starting to lose my temper by this stage. It’s not too expensive. It’s a much better house than we currently live in, with more space, handier to shops, along a better bus route and, for two out of the three housemates, it’s five pounds more than we’re currently paying. For the third, it’s twenty five pounds more, but this person gets an en-suite shower room. Personally, I’d gladly pay the extra for an en-suite.

I’m frustrated not by the guy pointing out the disadvantage but by his instant dismissal of the monthly rent. These guys are professionals who are around thirty years old, but live (and spend) like students. Grow up, guys!

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...