Tuesday, May 01, 2007

One week on.

OK, so I found some exercises on the Internet that have helped my hamstring to heal a little. They're not exactly what I was expecting, but they so seem to be doing the job, plus I've been freezing the leg and taking anti-inflammatory tablets, too.

The big test is on Friday when I play another football match. With any luck, I should get through this one because, barring any last minute emergencies (like last time), I should have sufficient time to warm up before kicking the ball about.

I think that's been the problem all along - because we're playing during work hours, there's a rush to get to the hall, get changed and then get as much playing time as possible which means that warming up time is very little. When I was doing the gym with GC, I never had any issues with injury (though admittedly, I don't stretch as much during gym work as I do during a football match).

I still haven't been down to renew my corporate membership, though. I'm hoping that a spell at the gym should also help my leg (provided I don't tweak it again in the near future).

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...