Saturday, October 05, 2024

Cheers.

It turned out to be a decent enough evening. I arrived, with Stalky Guy, at the same time as Quiet Girl. We had drinks, some food and chatted. QG and I left for another nearby bar, spent an hour or so chatting, then Quiet girl decided she was going to go home. She admitted that she's a lightweight with alcohol and goes to bed early, which was disappointing cos she was great conversation and I think a little tipsy, bringing out a bit of a mischievous side that I'd liked to have seen more of. I did ask her about our work's Xmas party and she admitted that she'd likely not go. There was no real chat about her friend either, so I wonder if she ever admitted anything to QG? Or if I did imagine the whole thing (I'm leaning towards not though).

After her husband picked her up, I rejoined Stalky Guy and another few people. before long, they all left to go home leaving me and another girl from work. We stayed out late, she introduced me to this awesome cocktail bar, we had a few (expensive) cocktails before calling it a night and I got back into the house around 2 AM.

I was definitely a lot more drunk than I think I realised last night, and I'm blaming the expensive (and awesome) cocktails for that.

No comments:

Let's go?

The wanderlust continues. It wasn't a dream this time, but a vague sense of deja vu. After I graduated from university, I travelled to N...