Wednesday, September 09, 2020

“That’s my secret, Captain. I’m always angry.”

 The post title is a quote from Bruce Banner in The Avengers.


Every now and again, it pops into my head, not because it's an overly memorable line (I think), but because I'm reminded of the paraphrased version that I once said, some years ago, to KfW2 when I was in a particularly melancholy mood, driven by loneliness.

She had asked how I was doing.

"Not so good. Feeling a bit low."

KfW2 queried that.

"Lonely, mainly. Couple of other things, but mainly lonely"

She asked if anything had brought it on this time.

"This time? I'm lonely nearly all the time. It's just that some days are better than others."

It was talked through, but it was never mentioned again. We have spoken about loneliness, but never that particular comment.

So, yeah, a bit of a funk at the moment. The lockdown (which I'm still following to a certain extent) and the pandemic are really reinforcing the whole loneliness thing.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...