Sunday, September 13, 2020

Knowing me, knowing you.

What's your public internet presence like?

If I type my name into Google or another search engine, there are only two results that apply to me - my Facebook account and my LinkedIn account. Images search return no images of me. I do make a point of having a minimal online presence under my real name, though.

There do seem to be a lot of people who share my name (and while I would say my name was out of the ordinary, I also wouldn't describe it as being unusual).

Recruitment Bird's name brings back loads relating to her, but understandable given her career (and it is mostly career-related). KfW2 returns nothing, though her name is quite common. FP returns a lot of results, though none of them seem to relate to him, which is kinda weird given that he is quite high profile. There are a couple of images. CAB returns some results, though they're all professional.

This train of thought was provoked by finding a cute girl on Tinder with what I thought was a distinctive surname. A quick Google search returns a news story about an air-rage incident. Oh dear.

Luckily, there's nothing like that for someone to find, should they do a search on me.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...