Saturday, August 25, 2018

Memories

For years, I was a little uncomfortable around FBS. It was to do with my secrecy around sleeping with her and not admitting it to even our closest friends. I wasn't embarrassed or anything, as far as I was concerned, it just wasn't anyone else's business. Little did I know that FBS had told a few friends, including some of our mutual friends. In fact, FBS and another mutual friends of ours had a bet about whether we'd sleep together. Apparently a bet that had been paid out - a bottle of whiskey shared one night.

Despite this discomfort, I'm not entirely sure that FBS felt the same, even though she had ever right to think I was a Grade A dick. To be fair, I was. But... over the years, any time she arranged something, I was always invited, which surprised me.

And so, when it came to her 40th birthday, I had an invite. This wasn't terribly out of the ordinary. By this stage, our relationship had gotten better as I saw it, and I had been invited to her wedding party (she got married abroad). Friction Guy and Opinionated Guy couldn't go... it was just D and myself. So we did what we do best - sat at the side, people-watched and drank.

A few hours into the party, D confided in me that he thought that FBS's best friend was coming on to him. D's married. As is FBS's best friend, a pretty blonde girl. So I watched, and you know what? He might have been right. She did appear to come over to talk to us quite a lot and did get quite tactile with D.

At the end of the night, most people went back to FBS's for further partying, including D. I didn't because I was already too drunk and, at the time, only lived 5 minutes walk away from the bar.

I don't know why that popped into my head today. Maybe because we had potentially arranged to meet last night, but Friction Guy was unavailable? Or my own indecision about FBS's recent actions that, like CH of old, seem a little too tactile etc. to be platonic.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...