Monday, January 30, 2017

The more things change... (Part 2)

Surprisingly chipper for a Monday morning, while on the bus, I formulated a message for my tinder match. I find opening messages difficult when I have nothing to go on* so my generic, but I hoped reasonably witty at least, message would have to do the job.

Shortly after lunch, curiosity got the better of me. For some reason, I don't get Tinder notifications on my phone, so I had no idea if there was a reply or not.

There wasn't.

Nor was there any sign of a conversation history. Either I'd been blocked or she'd deleted her profile.

Sigh. I know that it probably wasn't personal on her part, but when it's a typical reaction on the rare occasions that the opportunity arises to approach someone, it's hard not to take it personally.

IG suggested "She probably just deleted her Tinder".

Well, duh. It's the reason behind it that's troubling.

USHW suggested she might have met someone, or perhaps the length of time between matching and messaging was an issue (around ten days ago according to this post).

I deleted my Tinder profile and restarted from scratch - new photos (chosen courtesy of IG) and new blurb, again courtesy of IG. According to IG, I was "doing it wrong" - a mantra, it seems from some of my female friends who can't grasp the multitude of approaches, photos, descriptions etc. I've used on dating sites over the past seven or so years, on and off with he same result.

Anyway, maybe someone new has appeared on PoF? After all, it's only a few weeks to Valentine's Day. Oh, who's that who's rocketed to the top of my "favourites" list, indicating they've been online recently? Yup, Tinder girl. Sigh.

And now we get back into the discussion about online dating being so impersonal and how its so hard to meet someone on sites that are meant for just that. I'm betting Tinder girl wouldn't simply walk off if I approached her in the pub, so why do it online?

* I knew a bit about the Tinder girl as her profile on PoF was a bit more verbose and it does appear that we share similar interests and opinions, but I'm not sure what the etiquette is for cross-referencing dating sites.


No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...