Sunday, January 22, 2017

Goals. 2017 Edition.

Remarkably, I'm drawing a blank at trying to figure out some goals for this year. There are the perennial goals, of course - fitness/weight-loss, the not-really-a-goal of trying to meet someone. But other than that, I'm struggling.

So, in terms of what I'm likely to start doing, rather than importance, the first goal is fitness/lose weight. I haven't been brave enough to stand on some scales this year, so I've no idea what the scale of the issue is, but I know my goals. The main goal is to get down to 196 lbs. Once/if I hit that weight, then I will re-evaluate.

I've already done a couple of things - walking home from work with CC, but I need to do more. That will involve getting back into my yoga again. I've also got a Freeletics account, but I don't know if it's exactly what I'm looking for. What I will say is that it's decently priced at only a few pounds per week compared to a gym membership or a personal trainer.

I know that, roughly, I need 2500 calories a day. Walking home with CC burns around 350, supposedly. If I can recall correctly, my yoga sessions tend to burn around 400 calories. I know that a pound of human fat takes around 3500 calories to burn off. I need to revisit these figures for accuracy.

In order to maintain the regime, I need to see results. I need to see constant weight loss - a pound or two a week, consistently. That will keep me motivated. It's just a simple matter of mathematics and exercise. I need to have a weekly calorie deficit of at least 3500 calories to lose weight. That's 500 calories a day.

That will require a slight tweak to my diet as well. Portion management is the most important thing, but cutting out some foodstuffs will help without being a massive change. Ill need to refresh my memory on that side of things though.

I'm going to buy a fitness tracker as well to help me.

While it's not a goal per se, I still want to meet someone. I keep saying that I'm going to be more pro-active on online dating, but it's often hard to shake the lethargy due to the lack of results. There is currently one potential girl who I'm planning on contacting at some point this week. I'll consider other options, but I really want to kick off my fitness thing before getting into the dating game.

One other thing in the pipeline is work-related. I'm planning on getting re-evaluated at work for no other reason than it comes with a potentially big pay rise, but I'm due one due to a lot of extra responsibilities taken on. If I were to get the full amount, that would be enough to make life a little more comfortable. While I have money left over at the end of each month, a busy social calendar can really eat into that and make life a little difficult. That also means dating - going on dates is not cheap, so the extra money would be extremely helpful.

That might also allow me to do some travelling. FP has been asking me for a while to accompany him on a trip Stateside that I've put off for purely financial reasons. A trip away, especially somewhere warm, would be brilliant.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...