Thursday, January 19, 2017

Seen on Plenty of Fish today...

Headline: "WHY DOES NO-ONE EVER MESSAGE ME???"

Profile blurb: "If you're less than 6 ft and not hot then don't bother contacting me as you're punching well above your weight. Also if you don't have a professional career then I'm afraid you just won't cut it.

Must have your own house and car please."

She's attractive enough, but the blurb... She's a tall bird herself, so I can understand wanting a tall bloke, but the tone of the message is all wrong.

She's not alone either. Plenty of women have "demanding" profiles like that. I can understand preferences, but why rule anyone out at this stage? At least tone down the message, ladies.

Another one - a really attractive friend of my sister's:

"...If you are tubby, bald, separated, communicate in 'tx spk', not athletic,  have no photo. ...no thank you!"

She's separated herself.

But that's an aside. I didn't come here to rant about women on dating sites. My list of "favourites" on POF is quite long. People who had something about them enough that I needed to keep track of them, in case I ever got the motivation to message them. It rarely happens. Mainly because I rarely get excited about people on a website, though it has happened in the past - CB, foir example. Date No. 1 as well, to a certain extent.

Well, I matched with one of my "favourites" on Tinder, though she doesn't seem to have been active on PoF for quite some time.

I think I might message her, but as I discussed with USHW one time, I don't like hanging around with these things. If I start messaging, then I'll want to meet quickly. I don't have any availability for at least two weeks, so I'm sitting here, hoping that she doesn't cancel or reset her account. That happened a while ago with one of CC's friends who I'd decided to message after we matched, only to find that, less than 24 hours after matching, she'd disappeared.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...