Thursday, January 05, 2017

Happy New Year!

For the first time in years, there was no running around on New Year's Eve. The plans had been agreed upon days before with Sports Girl doing all the organisation and most of the usual crowd were out including SG, GM and FC.

SG has a new favourite bar, so that's where we were headed. I had some reservations - with new bars, you don't know how they're going to be and the place we've been to for the last few years has been excellent.

My fears were somewhat founded. It wasn't a brilliant night, though that might have also been in part to my mood which was very much "meh". I don't know why. As I've repeatedly mentioned to pretty much everyone, if Xmas is for family, then I regard NYE for friends.

The bar was half empty all night, there were few single women, the bands were appalling and we were sat right under a speaker that made conversation difficult at best.

But it still beat sitting in my house on my own.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...