Saturday, March 12, 2016

"Hi again"

Despite not having any real luck with online dating, I keep my Plenty of Fish profile open though not active (all others are usually shut down after I have my semi-regular dabble). After a comment left by my sister on Facebook recently, I logged on again to see if there were any new faces.

And I spotted one immediately! Admittedly, she wasn't exactly a new face. At least not to me. It was Attractive Neighbour from this post. The temptation to send a message was there, for no other reason that I always felt that I didn't make more of our limited interaction previously. Obviously, she is cute and she is interesting (though her PoF profile doesn't give any of the latter away), but her profile blurb suggests that I'm not exactly what she's looking for.

Regardless, I had an "in" with the neighbours angle, so I sent a message. Over the next couple of days, we swapped a few messages - she was friendly in her replies, but I didn't sense an awful lot more. The conversation wound down with an open offer to meet (not really in a date scnario) if she wanted.

The thing is, even though I can see that she's attractive and sexy (having met her in real life already), I wasn't that excited by her. I pondered about sending the initial message for a bit until I finally bit the bullet.

However, as soon as I sent the first message, then things changed - it was important to me that she replied. I was pessimistic though. I'd assumed she had replied due to our real world connection, not because she was interested in meeting for a date. Though that worked in my favour. I was also a little intimidated - she has a wealth of really interesting life experiences and is well travelled (something I would love a partner to have), even though I have a good few myself. Despite my initial reticence, I was actually disappointed that the conversation never led to a date.

On the plus side, it was still a positive online dating experience and I don't have many of those. Attractive Neighbour was polite and while I'm not expecting her to use my phone number, it's out there at least for something non-romantic.

It's also re-raised the loneliness thing, so I might consider messaging a few more people on PoF while the recent AN experience is fresh in my mind.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...