Thursday, November 04, 2010

Useless people. FFS.

On the back of house mate Stig announcing that he was moving out, our landlady announced that there would be a viewing a few nights ago. I was excited… getting rid of Stig plus getting in a new housemate could revitalise the house in general, not that the remaining house mate is hard to live with… far from it, in fact.

However, arriving home later that evening, the entire house was spotless. Every room had been entered, even my room which had its doors closed and is off limits to everyone. Why would a potential new housemate want to see our bedrooms?

The answer arrived the next morning as I scoured sites like Gumtree looking for the landlady’s advert for our new flatmate… the viewing wasn’t for a new flatmate, but the house had been put up for sale again.

I fucking want to kill this woman. She has been the wrong side of absolutely useless ever since I moved into the house. It has taken over 9 months for her to get us a key for the back door (meaning our only access into and out of the house was the front door). Even then, all she did was replace the lock, meaning we could get out the back door, but have no access in through it. It has taken her over a year to fix a leak in the shower and a lack of main lighting in the communal areas of the house, and when the work was carried out earlier this year, it was only done so the landlords could put the house up for sale.

We always knew that the house would be put up for sale again, so it’s not really that which is annoying me. It’s the lack of contact and that we had to find out for ourselves that’s really annoying me on top of the fact she wouldn’t fix reasonably serious issues in the house for us, but did it quickly when she wanted to sell the house.

I was absolutely livid yesterday, something I mentioned to the remaining flat mate, and he was surprised. He says that he’s used to it, but really, the entire situation is just a lack of manners. We’re going to have to find somewhere new and this time it should be easier to find somewhere as it’s now only two of us looking for a place with two double rooms, rather then looking for three double rooms as it was earlier in the year (with little success).

I’m still waiting to hear from the landlord regarding the house being up for sale. I’m not holding my breath though.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...