Thursday, November 11, 2010

Re-evaluation.

Over the past few months, MfW has been my pub partner, often just the two of us heading out. MfW split up with his last girlfriend in July and since then I think it’s pretty safe to say that he’s had the horn something shocking. Nearly every weekend has seen him get in contact to go to the pub primarily to go on the pull and primarily looking for a shag, not specifically looking to meet someone new.

Ordinarily, things can go smoothly, but MfW has an Achilles heel – whiskey. When he drinks whiskey, he gets stupid. Whiskey seems to be a weakness for a lot of people. A friend’s friend got very violent on whiskey and stopped drinking it. MfW doesn’t get violent, but he can get selfish and he can be a liability in terms of trying to stay in the pub. MfW's problem is bad/stupid behaviour, not violence. Let’s not forget, it was MfW that ruined the night with NM by scaring her and her friend away

A group of us were out on recently for an occasion and MfW started on the whiskey early. Within 90 minutes of us arriving in the pub, he had deliberately nudged a friend into a group of strangers, made one of our female friends cry because of some kind of paranoia, threw his drink over a chair for no reason and ten minutes later, the straw that broke the camel’s back, tried to mop up the spilled drink with my brand new winter coat. Only my return from the toilets, catching him on, stopped him from doing it.

Suffice to say, I finished my drink and left. He sent a few text messages apologising and stuff and tried to call, but I didn’t pick up. I sent a message telling him I’d speak to him later, but there was no point in talking to him at that time. I tried calling yesterday, but he didn’t pick up and hasn’t tried to call back. We’ll have to see what this week brings.

MfW needs to be told that his behaviour was beyond unacceptable and that he needs to stop drinking whiskey. It'll be interesting to see if he pays attention to me and the rest of his friends.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...