Monday, September 21, 2009

Wow!

I had lunch today with QC1, which was great as I don't see her as often as I should, but today's meeting had something different in it... QC1 asked if I'd be interested in a blind date! Apparently, she knows a friend of a friend who's blonde, slender, active, single and looking.

I don't like being put on the spot, so I told QC1 I'd consider it. The thing is, it took me about 30 secs to find this girl on Facebook once I came home from work and, if I'm being brutally honest, looks-wise, she's not doing anything for me.

Secondly, I've never been on a blind date, so I'm not entirely sure of the etiquette involved, but I'd far rather these things were done under different circumstances e.g. QC1 arranges to meet me in the pub while this other girl is in attendance, making everything much more relaxed.

Thirdly, this girl on Facebook, is a friend of one of my cousins. I'm incredibly private and really quite anal about it, so this would play on my mind that I couldn't see how things went without the family knowing about it.

Both JB and one of E's friends have already told me I should go for it and I probably will, but not with any ideas about dating... but rather just to get out of the house and meet someone new. Christ knows that I've complained about that often enough.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...