Thursday, September 03, 2009

Fat Bastard

Over the course of this summer, I've been out at the pub quite a lot and, coupled with two injuries – back and Achilles tendon – I've not been exercising. As a result I've put on around a stone (14 lbs/6.35kg). That's shockingly over-weight… a stone and a half heavier than I'd like to be and I'd imagine much more than is really healthy. I think that's probably a case of "be careful what you wish for" as I was moaning about not being as social as I'd like before the summer.

So, with that in mind, I'm really cutting down on the booze this month. The only night I have penciled in is this Friday for the usual work's bash. I have four cans of beer in the fridge and that's going to do me until October. On top of that, I'm cutting down heavily on the amount of Coke/Pepsi that I drink. By my reckoning (based on rough figures), that would cut around 4700 calories a week.

I'll try and tinker with my diet too which could be a lot better if I'm being honest, but I think the alcohol and soft drinks are a bigger factor than what I'm eating.

If I get back into the gym and football again, I'm still aiming to exercise at least three times per week which should go a fair way to actually dropping some weight.

It's not just a vanity thing with this online dating experiment I'm running… there are days when I feel uncomfortable and bloated, so my goal is to drop at least a stone and a half.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...