Sunday, October 05, 2008

Introspective.

In light of the stuff that's gone on recently, I've spent the past few hours taking stock of my life.

Things aren't bad, but they could be better:

Job: it's ok, but I recently missed the opportunity to go on a training course that could potentially lead to me learning some real skills that I can use in my career of choice whereas right now, I'm learning technical stuff that's not used elsewhere. All I needed to do was send an email to my boss a few months ago and I would have had a real shout at getting on this course. All I can do now is send the email and hope the course comes along again early next year.

Relationships: the frustration from RB is still there, but as I've already blogged about, I've signed up to a few different outlets that might provide a step forward. The reason there's been little progress is partly because of laziness, but partly because I haven't got the time to sit down and compose a good opening message to these potential dates. "Poking" them a la Facebook does not seem to have any effect and I would like to sort something else out before I really immerse myself in this project. A mentioned that I was on her wedding invite list and wanted to know if I'd go. I'd love to, but I've only ever met A in the flesh twice and her fiance once. I'd be in the middle of another country, on my own, with my useless social skills. I'd really need a date. Sadly, my daydreams have even gone so far as to imagine RB taking that role, so I'd better knock that on the head sharpish.

Living situation: I've seen a couple of places that I'd be interested in moving in to, but I've yet to make any moves to get in contact (and these places are likely to go fairly quickly). Again, there is a small element of laziness, but also the fact that searching for places to live kinda slips my mind and I forget about it after coming home from work. I need to be less lazy (though that could be said about my life overall) and more organised.

Health: my health's not bad, to be honest. It could be better, but that's because I've been remarkably injury prone over the past two years and that's really cut down the amount of gym time and football I could be doing/playing. I'm hoping to get down to the gym at least twice this week for a light workout to strengthen my groin muscles after a reasonably serious strain that I've found it hard to recover from. That should hopefully lead into more football the week after next and harder, more intense gym workouts.

However, if I could click my fingers and make those adjustments I've mentioned above, I think I'd be in a much happier frame of mind.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...