Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Aaaaaaargh...

Yesterday, after carefully watching a project of mine in the real world, it was flagged that a phone number in the correspondence aspect of it was wrong... by three digits.

Six weeks worth of work ruined and all because some senior manager can't proof read, and now us lackeys are slaving, trying to recover the situation without causing too much inconvenience to the customers.

Yesterday and today have been nearly twelve hour working days, which is so not what I had planned for this week. I fancied some Xmas shopping (only one more to get), perhaps a few hours to write a few articles for my online hobby and general chilling out with perhaps a day off at the end of the week (and the rest of the year off, too).

Bollocks to that plan, then and my "I hate my job" mood is back. Once again the issue lies at the heart of our information supplying processes, not just to me, but across the board. Again I'm wondering if this is specific to my department, the company as a whole or even the entire industry. My "I hate my job" mood is purely down to the fact that I'm no good at this information hunting. I shouldn't have to do it anyway. If it's as bad elsewhere (company or industry) is there even any point in considering a transfer or new job? I guess I have some pondering to do at Xmas.

On the other hand, I found a few more pictures of V. Does that woman look bad in any photograph? It appears not. While there are several where she doesn't actually look as she does in real life, she's gorgeous in all of them.

I showed them to USHW which prompted a conversation about V again, albeit not particularly serious, but I am now in a "I miss V" mood. Still, chatting with USHW about V and sex is jolly good fun and a nice tonic to the frustrations of the past two days (and probably the rest of the week).

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...