Wednesday, September 19, 2007

and the beat goes on

Work has, once again, transpired to heap stress-inducing situations upon me at a time where thing seemed to be going OK for a change.

I have two projects which are going live this week, though they haven't gone through all the internal procedures we're meant to put them through. Ordinarily, we just move them, but a fuck up from a few weeks ago means that people are a little more wary about doing this. So, I emailed a few people today asking if they could postpone stuff by a week, but the grief I got in return for what was a simple, non-binding request was unreal.

What was even more disconcerting was that one of the projects doesn't even look as if it was tested, so going live before the end of the week will be impossible. This is my boss's responsibility, but he's away doing some kind of accreditation bollocks that's meant to avoid exactly this type of situation. *insert huge sigh here*

I've said before that I don't stress easily, and I don't, but this job just keeps firing these situations at me until it does get to a point where I just want to go postal. There I was all nice and calm and nearly immediately, my stress levels are much higher because while it's not my fault, while my boss is away, it's my responsibility and I really don't have the power to make any big decisions if things are FUBAR.

Still, I have potential beers on Friday to look forward to and definite beers on Saturday with old work chums.

Things that would help right now with my stress levels, but I don't have access to are:
  • A long hot bath
  • A massage
  • Oral relief
  • A shag
  • A prolonged holiday
  • A lottery win so I don't have to go back to work

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...