Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Introspective II

Contemplation time again. After spending a lot of cash over the past few months, it's time to re-evaluate my spending and saving. That's something I'm going to have to do over the next few weeks because I really should be saving a lot more than I currently am plus there are a few things I want to do over the next few months, including visiting a few friends (which are never cheap weekends).

I'm also getting close to E leaving permanently and while there are no firm dates that I'm aware of yet, it's likely to be within six weeks. I've no doubt there'll be at least one big night out on the lash and I keep meaning to buy her a present before she goes, too.

As far as everything else is concerned, I think the next few months are going to be fairly important. I'm awaiting the outcome of a decision on a company-wide pay rise that could ultimately decide whether I stay where I am (happy, but seriously under-paid in the market) or move on (and earn at least the market rate – a substantial jump in salary). I've also been meaning to contact PD again to try and arrange a night out. I know that I called it quits with PD a few months ago, but we swapped a few emails at the start of the summer and on the back of that, I think I'll give her one more chance. If we can't agree a definite time to grab a coffee or a drink, then I'll call it quits once again, but for some reason I'm feeling fairly upbeat about it. I've no idea why. There have been no indications that this will be any different, but we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...