Monday, August 28, 2006

Money and friends and work.

It's been over a week since my last post. I've been quite busy during that time and will be for at least the next week, so I'm not sure I'll get a chance to post about things in detail.

As a brief recap of what's going on in my life, here it is:

Work's going fairly well. My current project is frustrating because work keeps getting added to it and changed (which is the source of the frustration), but things should still be handed in on time at the end of the week.

I'm just back from visiting a few mates for a long weekend. It was expensive, but great fun, and it's always good to catch up with friends.

The money thing's playing on my mind a little. I spent far too much this month and had to dip into my meagre savings to be able to afford the short trip away. I was also kinda hoping to buy a new iPod next month as my old one has died and I've really gotten used to having an mp3 player for work and going to the gym (my gym attendance has dropped to zero since my last one died), so I'm going to have to think long and hard about whether I can justify spending the cash (I could afford it, but can I justify it? The thing is, I probably can.) At the same time, I'm meant to be saving money to clear my credit cards and build up a deposit for a house. I am clearing the CC debt a bit, but not as fast as I should, but I've done nothing about the house deposit apart from stashing my bonus from last year (and just spent half of it at the weekend). This is going to require sitting down and re-evaluating my spending and saving habits.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...