Wednesday, September 27, 2006

f*ck

So, E and I arranged to hit a comedy club last night. It was all her idea, really. I'd suggested heading out at the weekend, but she was busy and suggested this instead. We usually end up pretty toasted on these nights out at the comedy club, and I wasn't expecting this to be any different, so had planned to head out for another hour or so after the club ended and really make a good night of it.

However, right from the very beginning, E made it clear that she was going home as soon as the comedy night ended. The reason? Her bloke was able to sneak out of the house (it's complicated, I'll leave the full story for another time) for a few hours and he was going to give her a lift home so that they could spend some time together. We grabbed some dinner before hitting the comedy club, and to be honest, the rest of the evening after that could have been spent with anyone. E spent a large proportion of the night texting the boyf and while I had a good time at the comedy night, it's not that E's presence made the night any different and her rush to leave at closing time was annoying, rude and frustrating. Now, I know that my feelings for E are uncertain but I don't think that they play any part in how pissed I am at her because of this.

If she wanted to see the boyf, then spend a night with the boyf. Don't go out with someone else and then blow them out when someone else becomes available. This is a trait I've noticed in a few female friends (and girlfriends) in the past and I've always told them how annoying it is. Girls that I've known seem to have this habit of blowing off anyone as soon as there's a sniff of a relationship in the air. I've even had words with old girlfriends about getting out and seeing their mates, but it's something they don't really "get". The thing is, E's done something like this before when she invited me to hers for a BBQ (Hangover City) so it's not new, but it is recent behaviour that I've never seen in E before. I've only met the boyf twice now - once during the BBQ night and once last night (for 5 minutes as I got a lift home), so I'm not really sure about him as yet. They say first impressions are usually correct, and my first impression of him is unfavourable, though I really can't put my finger on why.

This is on the back of having her friend call me last week to arrange a surprise party at the end of next month for E going away to NZ, and I had a really good conversation with E's friend about a few things. With the mood I'm currently in, I really don't have the inclination to show up, though.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...