Sunday, August 13, 2006

Hangover city.

I rolled in last night at some time... don't know what time. Probably half-past midnight or thereabouts, and I meant to blog this, but it's perhaps better that I didn't - alcohol and a foul mood are not good ingredients for a rational blog post.

E invited me down to hers yesterday for a BBQ. She shares a house with a friend of hers from school and it's the first time I've really met people that E knows (though to be fair, most of them were friends of friends of hers). That was fun, and it was great meeting new people (despite the fact that I'm not really that good at meeting new people).

Later in the evening, E suggested we headed into the town to try a bar. I knew, because E had told me, that she had been trying to arrange to meet up with the bloke she's kinda been seeing recently. I'm not sure what the exact situation is and how serious it is, but she seems quite keen. Either way, E was going to meet up with her bloke whether I was interested in going or not.

That's where the problem lies. Despite the fact she'd invited me to hers, she was quite prepared to let me sit in her friend's house and chat to people I'd only just met a few hours previously while she nipped off to shift a bloke or I could accompany her where I'd probably end up as a third wheel. For the first time since I've known her, E did something that I didn't like.

As it turns out, when we did meet up with her bloke (and all I can say on the subject right now is 'Wow'. I may post more later), E didn't just walk off and leave me as I had kinda expected her to, but I was included in the conversations as much as possible and when the bloke went off to chat to his mates etc., E and I struck up our own conversations. I was still kinda pissed at her original attitude about seeing this bloke, though.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...