Sunday, July 30, 2006

Another dilemma...

So there's been a spate of recruitment going on around here in my area of expertise. A job with another company could get me about a £3K pay rise (to the market average for my position and experience), although that's all I really know at the moment.

My salary is well below average for my sector, so the idea of a £3K pay rise is tempting. However, where I work is quite relaxed and I'm quite happy (apart from the low salary) and the benefits are good - dental plan, private health, gym membership amongst other things. The thing is (and this is where the dilemma part comes in because until now it's a no-brainer, right?) if things go well for me during the second half of this year, I could be hitting the market average salary by year end and still have the job satisfaction and the benefits. It all depends on what happens over the course of the next month or so (but then, by the time that rolls around, the recent recruitment buzz could be all done and dusted).

I do think it would be short-sighted of me not to at least investigate the market, so it looks like I'll have to brush up my résumé this week (which probably means a re-write).

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...