Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Look and feel.

I don't know if I've stated this on the blog, but I am a gamer. A PC gamer, specifically, so I get to nerd it up both from a hardware and software perspective.

Games translations into TV series or films tend to be poor, often losing the whole vibe that made the game special in the first place. See Halo, for example.

There are two releases this year that I am looking forward to, though. Fallout is coming next month, I think, on one of the streaming platforms. Borderlands is another, though I have yet to determine the exact release date.

Both are very interesting visually as well as story-wise. Fallout has this whole futuristic but retro vibe going on. And while you can't see it from the picture below, the Borderlands game has cel-shading animation. It looks like a cartoon. I am a little surprised to see that they've gone full live-action on this one. I thought they might have stylised it like A Scanner Darkly or even the Sin City films to semi-mirror the game's look and feel.

But still, Cate Blanchett looking fine and badass? Go on then. 


And the game, for reference?



No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...