Monday, December 06, 2021

Hello again.

I had a dream last night that featured KfW2. I don't remember the wider details, but in it, KfW2 and I were close, but in a series of steps over a short period of time, she became more and more distant both emotionally and geographically.

So we started the morning sharing breakfast and confiding in each other and by the end of the day, she had emigrated to the other side of the planet and wasn't answering my messages.

Weird, but also semi-reflective of real life. I have, on this blog, often posted about how I don't see KfW2 any more. Since she changed jobs a few years ago, our interaction has grown increasingly less frequent. She'll contact me in work about work-related things. Outside of work, we'll swap texts, but we've seen each other face-to-face this year probably about three times. It's been years since we went out for a few drinks.

And I miss her. I've told her so directly.

And in a case of coincidence and/or timing, guess who WhatsApped me earlier and asked me to babysit for her this week?

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...