Monday, October 18, 2021

Gah!

Something that has been hammered home to me over the past few years in work is communication. If in doubt, over-communicate, they say. "They" being several managers.

It's not a concept that I necessarily agree with. If everyone over-communicates, then it becomes more likely that something important gets missed in a deluge of unimportant emails and IMs.

Regardless... there's something happening in work that's been ongoing since the start of September. I kinda feel like I'm in limbo until it's resolved, and yet communication around it has been awful. I've had to chase up information on several occasions. the information has been contradictory, often incomplete and patchy.

If this had been me, my boss would have been giving me a good telling off, and rightly so.

The whole thing has me stressed out. I'm also angry and frustrated - it's the limbo thing. I feel like there are things I can't do until this is resolved.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...