Friday, September 14, 2018

Pie eating.

I've had a plan to go and see my GP for a while now. I keep forgetting to do it - like a lot of things these days, it's on my list of things to do, but I get side-tracked in work (which is the only time I can call the surgery) and then repeat for weeks on end. I've had the same issue with getting people out to look at some house things as well.

Anyway, while it's not a replacement, we had a health-related event in work recently and I signed up (courtesy of one of GM's exes) for a health check.

I wasn't expecting disastrous news, but I wasn't expecting to be told that everything was rosy either. I'd say that the news was on the "bad" side of neutral without being worrying.

I'm over-weight, but not as bad as I thought. My BMI marks me as obese, just about. My blood pressure is slightly high. I'm an inch shorter than I had thought, though I'd not measured myself in some years. My blood sugar is well within limits though my cholesterol is slightly high.

This does not make my GP trip redundant. I still need to see my GP after the stresses of the past 18 months and the fact that the bad news is only slightly bad is encouraging, but still needs addressed.

1 comment:

USHW said...

I had a similar sounding health check thing after a sporting event a couple of years ago. Turned out I was actually an inch taller than I thought I was :D

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...