Saturday, September 30, 2017

Not impressed emoticon.

"Does anyone want to meet for drinks tomorrow?" I asked in the Whatsapp group. It's a group that has GM, SG, S, FC and Mrs FC as members.

GM replied quite quickly, to decline, citing a trip to the countryside.

SG replied soon after, also citing a trip out of town. It implied that she would be with GM.

This irrationally annoys me. It always has done, to be fair.

SG went through a period earlier this year, post break-up, of really not caring about, and hurting, GM to the point where I couldn't even decide if she was doing it on purpose or was just blind to the feelings of other people due to her own flakiness.

I can't even really put my finger on what exactly it is that annoys me especially about SG. It could be the flakiness, or the fact that her life is now so intrinsically entwined with GM's that when they did break up, GM "lost" several friends and SG didn't realise or care or maybe it's just jealousy on my part that I don't have someone, platonic or otherwise, who can be on my doorstep in a matter of minutes if required or jealousy that, despite their few months of fighting, they've made up and are as close now as they were before (without the relationship baggage) when my own friction with CH has set us back years and might never recover (though we are currently having a Facebook chat).

Or maybe it's all of the above to a certain extent. I just know that it annoys me, but I can't say exactly why, nor can I put it into words. Sigh.

EDIT: GM has now posted on Facebook. It appears that he and SG are in the country somewhere, on their own. I had previously presumed that GM was going home for the weekend. This revelation does now make me question if SG and GM are now back as a romantic couple.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...