Monday, March 27, 2017

Unexpected.

The weather was nice and with the clocks going forward, there was extra daylight to take into consideration. I sent a somewhat speculative message to GM asking if he fancied a drink. To my surprise, he did. We made arrangements and that was that. I'd missed a night out with GM, FC and S on Friday as well, so I wanted to catch up.

A few hours later, we were in the pub, having one of our chats. We don't have them often enough these days and they were few and far between even before Sports Girl was on the scene.

But we talked about it. GM implied that he broke it off with SG, because SG had issues with his past. I think there are probably other things going on as well, but we weren't able to cover them because... SG turned up.

To be fair, she was invited by GM because she'd had some bad news and needed some company. I was a little disappointed. GM seemed to enjoy being able to talk about the split without judgement.

While it was a low-key night out (it was a Sunday after all), it was still very enjoyable. I do like GM's company, a lot. We have extremely similar tastes and outlooks, and being able to simply sit and talk without having to worry about another half a dozen people is a real pleasure. I hope it's something we can do more of, coming into the summer.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...