Sunday, December 11, 2016

Surprise!

"Wanna meet for a drink?"

It was KfW2. I knew she was out - doing a posh hotel afternoon tea with a friend. I wasn't expecting her to hang around afterwards though, never mind contact me. Having had only two hours of sleep the previous night due to a work thing that started at 3AM, I was dead on my feet and ready for a quiet night in. However, time alone with KfW2 is at a premium now, especially with alcohol, so after making sure she was not going to go home after 1 drink, I acquiesced.

We spent a good few hours talking, drinking and having a laugh. We covered a lot of general ground and avoided work talk and even managed to talk about CC's tits. We both, I think, realised that we have much more in common than we had thought (and we do have a lot in common already). One of the topics raised was something that I've talked about with USHW - I rely too much on people noticing that something's wrong when I'm in a funk, for instance, and would like people to pro-actively help out. KfW2 was admitting to something similar, though she had a specific example in mind - getting her family to offer to do some baby-sitting. As it stands, it's their friends who are helping out and as someone who's very family orientated, the lack of family volunteering is concerning her.

On the way round to leaving KfW2 off at the bus stop, she managed to talk me into going home with her. Her hubby and his mate were at hers, drinking. She was having fun and wanted the night to continue. I was sceptical. It's a 45 minute journey to KfW2's and it was likely that she'd go to bed after a short time leaving me with her hubby and his mate. I don't have any problem with KfW2's hubby - we get along really well and he's a very likeable fella, but it's an awful lot of inconvenience for the benefit of extending my enjoyable night out with KfW2 by a couple of hours.

Even as the bus approached, I really didn't know what I was going to do... until I found myself handing over a fiver and asking for a single to KfW2's home town. We got back to hers and the night continued. There was a brief period where KfW2 and her hubby disappeared. At a guess, they had a quickie, which raised some emotions temporarily. They both returned and it was probably after 3 AM by the time I got to sleep and it was an early start - shortly after 8 AM. We had to wait for the bus which wasn't due for a few hours, so it was lunchtime by the time I got back to my house.

I've been walking around like a zombie all day long. I don't often say this, but roll on bedtime.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...