Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Back and forth.

On the Tuesday before Xmas, Sports Girl popped up on Whatsapp. She was talking about New Year's Eve plans. The conversation lasted a lot longer than recent conversations had. Well, longer than any conversation we'd had since she started dating GM.

Four hours later, the the conversation was still going strong. This harks back to our pre-GM conversations. In fact, it reminded me of a time that I was visiting KfW2, back when I was considering SG as a physical option, just before Xmas last year, where she was sending messages at a rate of like 1 per minute. My phone was constantly making alert noises and vibrating. KfW2 was amazed.

And as soon as she became official with GM (after a few months of friends with benefits, if I read it right), the conversations just stopped.

So the sudden intense conversation made me more than a little suspicious, especially a conversation that was trying to arrange a social event.

I shifted the conversation towards S and GM.

"What are their thoughts on NYE?", I asked.

"We've split up" was her reply.

I was sympathetic, but in my opinion, a break up is inevitable. Their relationship is so intense and they already spend every spare minute in each others company. I've already suggested here that SG is flaky, though that seems to be dialled in with GM. Their supposed reasons for breaking up were GM's constant moodiness (he's suffered from depression in the past) and SG's sensitivity. SG supposedly had issues with GM having a female as a live-in tenant. A female that GM briefly dated years back. They're close friends now, but SG seemingly couldn't handle that.

With the knowledge that SG and GM had split, I stepped back from the NYE talk. GM is more my friend than SG and I'd far rather spend NYE with him than her.

I confirmed as much as I could with GM without admitting how much SG has shared. Before I got a chance to talk to GM about NYE though, the Xmas holidays came.

My concern was wasted. Seemingly, over Xmas, they've patched things up - lots of gushing messages on Facebook and an actual Facebook relationship announcement.

I still don't see how it has legs and if it does end, it will be a massive blow up. They live too much in each other's lives for it to be anything else really.

SG is back into full-on NYE mode. Both SG and GM will be out, as will FC, his wife and hopefully S.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...