Friday, December 04, 2015

And now... the end is near...

A few weeks ago, KfW2 shared some news. CH has been offered another job, in another company. I don't know if KfW2 was expecting any reaction, but there wasn't one. This is news I've been waiting to hear all year - after all, I was actively involved in helping CH do some job hunting and application form filling last year. Even then, my expectation was that our friendship would dissolve once she found new employment - she's simply not one of those people who's good at maintaining contact outside of a core set of friends (much like S).

I'm wondering how she's going to react to new employment. She'll have to meet new people and her whole routine of seeing her core friends will come crashing down. She might still see them at lunchtime - her new employer is only a few hundred metres away - but her new job will have far less flexibility than our current employer offers.

I kinda miss talking to CH. The drunken semi-flirting and great rack aside, when we were talking it was great fun. It was disappointing that it never really blossomed into a proper friendship, but even now, my stubbornness is preventing me from making initial contact - she was the one who stopped talking to me, she is the one who's angry with me (and I still don't officially know that). If she wanted to talk, I'd welcome it, if I were in the wrong, I'd apologise (I don't think I am).

But, within a few weeks... definitely not later than the Xmas party... the entire CH chapter will be closed, for ever.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...