Tuesday, February 23, 2010

More dating introspective

I was chatting to a few friends recently about my dating life, or more accurately, my lack of action on the various dating websites. I'm replied that it was hard to get excited about someone based on a profile and that sparks fly much easier when two people meet. She then asked me when was the last time I met someone I really liked.

There are two answers to that... the last girl to float my boat was the girl from this post, but that was a lust thing. She was nice, we may yet see each other again, but it's unlikely to become anything. The last girl I met where I thought something could develop was RB, but that was almost two years ago and, much to my continued anger at myself, she's still someone I think about on and off.

It was suggested by two friends that I simply get back in touch with her. I can message her on Facebook, I think her mobile number is still valid, so contact details are not an issue. It still hangs over me that she was keen, but carried some baggage, then she backed off after suggesting we become friends because she figured I was too keen. While I was keen, I don't think that it should have been an issue and I don't think I was too keen. Contacting her with no prior warning seems weird to me. It's for this reason I wouldn't just contact her out of the blue. In an ideal world, MF would invite her out and we'd see how the land lies, but I'm not sure MF ever would do that. Or maybe RB would see that we have MF in common (as it were) and add me as a friend on Facebook and we'd see where things went from there.

It was suggested by friends that I should lay some ground work with MF and see if getting RB out is actually something that could happen, and if I'm being honest, part of me wants to do that. Another part of me is angry at even considering it, as I believe I really should have moved on from RB a long time ago. There might also be a problem with it being weird, but I think this would be less so than simply contacting her directly.

Maybe I should do both... lay some ground work with RB, but still go ahead with my "one month only" plan to return to the dating site and actually put in a lot of work in a finite amount of time.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...