Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Gurls

I was engaging with a bit of banter with JB today. You might even argue that it crossed into flirting territory, briefly. One thing I've realised over the years of talking to A, USHW, R etc. that people somehow find it easy to open up to me and JB is no exception. She ended up being very frank today about some things and I think she even surprised herself at the same time. 

At the same time, I learned that JB is like K when it comes to sex. JB doesn't do a lot of sleeping around. She doesn't do any sleeping around, in fact. I'm always confused by this. We live in an age where this is not the norm any more, so JB's (and K's to a certain extent) point of view is maybe a tad old fashioned. JB was talking about how she didn't want an object of her affection to think she was bringing blokes back to hers from the pub, but I don't think they'd be too worried. 

K was the same. She initiated sex with me and then afterwards tried to force start a relationship which I absolutely resisted. Pity... I wouldn't have minded tapping that a few more times. I was more after a fuck buddy kind of scenario with K, but it was never going to work for her. She was too emotionally engaged rather than just giving in to lust every now and again. 

I tend to compare people like JB and K with FA2, who did sleep with me long before we became an item. I don't know why... maybe because FA2 is an example where you can have sex outside of a relationship without sleeping around per se. Or maybe FA2 was playing the long game and she wanted a relationship from the start, but was happier waiting for me to come to the same conclusion?

Ah well. While I can get them to talk, I still don't understand them.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...