Monday, February 01, 2010

A big week looms...

Our company announced the pay rises last week and I'm not getting one, based purely on my boss scoring me last year. My boss that I pretty much accused of harassment. I could have queried this at the start of the year, but I had decided that I had had enough grief from my boss.

However, what I didn't realise at the time was that the score I had been given was so low, it was going to rob me of a pay rise this year. As you might guess, when this was announced, I was livid.

I went to a friend in the company and asked her advice. The upshot of this advice is that I sit my bosses' boss down for a chat and see what we can do to make things right i.e. get me the move that I need. It's a no-brainer, really... I really should have been moved on months ago long before my boss and I got to this stage, but the company have been dragging their heels. If I'm being honest, this guy I'm going to meet should have had a chat with me. That I'm going to him for this chat is just making me angry. In my opinion (and that of other managers within the company), my management hierarchy has been extremely poor over the past six months.

Based on the outcome of this meeting, I may or may not end up looking elsewhere for a job. I don't want to... the market is poor and it's a bad time of the year anyway to change jobs. I might just look around anyway.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...