Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Denied! (part 2)

Sodding typical, innit?

As reported yesterday, I took a trip up to see ex-colleague today to find out the arrangements for the weekend. Obviously, the trip was all a sham – I could easily have emailed him, but I fancied a close up view of Pretty Blonde. That's a pleasant way to spend a few minutes during the working day and the arrangements for the weekend were duly sorted.

All is right with the world… or so I thought.

Having a walk around the city centre at lunch, I was dismayed to see what looked like Pretty Blonde (it looked like her from 30 yards away from behind) walking arm-in-arm with a young gentleman. I tried to get a better look, but had some shopping to do, so lost them in the crowd. Firstly, who uses "dismayed" these days? Secondly, how likely is it that a man and woman can walk through the city centre arm-in-arm and not be romantically involved?

Ladies? Can I put that one to you?

I've done it a few times, and even held hands with a few – AM, QC1, QC2, QC3, F and more. So, I know that it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but you have to admit it's a fair assumption to make, isn't it?

Bugger.

Strangely, that's how I feel. Just "bugger". I mean she is an attractive girl and I think there was a slight spark, despite the fact we've never spoken – too much eye contact at various work's gatherings, you see (and if I noticed it, then I'm sure it's blindingly obvious to everyone else). I'm not hugely gutted really, though there is a bit of frustration at the irony of finding out on St. Valentine's Day that my most promising target romantically in quite a while (yes, that's really sad, isn't it) has a partner.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...